Flodesk: The Best Email Marketing Platform
This post contains Affiliate Links. This means that I earn a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my Affiliate Policy to find out more.
I recently switched my email marketing provider from MailChimp to Flodesk and I can honestly say I’ll never look back. There are a few reasons why I made the move and I wanted to share them with you, particularly if you’re a creative or provide some kind of product or service that you need to promote to an email list. While I’m still fairly new to Flodesk, setting up my account was incredibly easy and because I used a referral link I got a lifetime 50% off my subscription. You can get the same saving too! Just use the referral link in this post.
Now I’m not saying there is anything terrible about MailChimp (or other email marketing services), but I never felt that the platform was quite right for me. I struggled to get my emails looking exactly how I wanted, and I was limited on how many subscribers I could have before the price went up.
So without further ado, my top six reasons to choose Flodesk over other email marketing tools.
One monthly price (with a huge discount for referral customers)
You get unlimited subscribers, no price hike as your email list grows. You could have 10 subscribers or you could have 100,000 and you’ll still pay the same monthly price. And as I said above, if you use a referral link like this one you get a whopping 50% off your Flodesk account for life. This means that you will pay $19 for Flodesk each month, rather than the full price of $38 p/mo. This is an amazing bargain, especially when you look at what you get (and how beautiful the emails are!).
Click-and-drag email builder
The user-friendly email builder tools make it so simple to create eye-catching emails; Flodesk puts the power of a professional designer in your pocket. You don’t need any coding experience, and its clean and minimal interface makes it super easy to find what you need and make changes. You can also send test emails to yourself to make sure everything looks amazing (and it probably will).
For the first time ever in email marketing, you can use custom fonts and image collages, helping you to keep your marketing on-brand.
Templates designed to convert
Flodesk has a library of gorgeous templates to help you welcome, nurture, and convert subscribers into customers. Built in partnership with other successful entrepreneurs, each template is designed to help you up your email game. The templates are organised by type, so you can quickly choose a design based on what your email is about: welcome new subscribers, special offers, event registration, sales, and much more.
OK, so workflows are probably my top reason for switching over to Flodesk. I never knew that building automated email sequences could be so smooth and simple. There are a lot of options for setting parameters and you can chain email sequences together. For example, I have two sequences set up like this:
- Someone subscribes to get a freebie and are added to Freebie Segment A
- They receive their freebie email
- After one day, they are automatically added to my Welcome Segment (for new subscribers)
- They receive my general welcome email (which also includes another freebie), followed by an intro email (who I am and what I do), then an email explaining what they can expect from my newsletters, and then finally an email with the password to my exclusive freebie vault.
- These emails are spaced out over the course of a few weeks so nobody feels like I’m spamming them.
There’s a great deal of control over how you welcome your new subscribers and when they get communications from you and, in my experience, it’s painless setting things up.
Unobtrusive Opt-in Forms
The form builder tools are similar to the email builder, incredibly user-friendly. You have the option to create attractive opt-in forms for your website or blog, or you can create forms hosted on Flodesk and link people to a full-page form. You can also design unobtrusive opt-in pop-ups (though these are not to everyone’s taste).
Flodesk allows you to copy a section of code that you can paste directly into your website or blog post. Look for examples of these forms around my website, on my footer and blog sidebar.
No more tag confusion
You can forget about all the stress that comes from tagging. No more duplicate tags or thinking about it too late—Flodesk does all of the tagging for you. You can see which of your subscribers are most engaged, what they signed up for, what they clicked on; there’s tons of data automatically captured for you. And you have full segmentation capabilities.
I could go on and on, but to save this becoming a monster of a post, here is a quick list of additional reasons why I love this platform:
- Huge FAQ walking you through Flodesk’s capabilities.
- Facebook group for customers to share advice, ask questions and inspire each other.
- Instagram integration, a great way to share your IG posts with your newsletter list so they don’t miss out.
- Affiliate program. Invite your friends to join Flodesk with your discount code.
- GDPR compliance built into all of Flodesk’s templates and forms.
- The ability to set up your brand toolkit. Add your brand colours and logos for easy access when building new emails.
- Easy to import your subscribers from another email service and organise them into groups.
If you do decide to give Flodesk a try, use the link below and you will get a 50% discount—forever.
I never recommend anything I don’t use or trust. If you don’t believe me, subscribe to my newsletter and see the gorgeous emails that come through. They are all created in Flodesk.