This page explains how J. Oliver Designs (hereafter “the Site”) uses personal data that it collects from you when you use the facilities on this website. Topics covered:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites and partner websites
- How to contact us
The Site collects the following data:
- Personal identification information that you input when you sign up for an account (e.g. name, phone number, email address).
- Your email address when you sign up for the mailing list.
- Your credit card information might also be collected by PayPal if you make a purchase on the Site. We do not collect or store any credit card details for you on our systems.
You directly provide the Site with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback.
- Use or view the Site via your browser’s cookies.
- Sign up for the mailing list.
The Site collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Contact you about any technical issues either with your order or with the Site.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Personalise your experience on the Site.
- Improve our customer service or our website’s functionality.
- Process transactions in a safe and efficient way.
- Send occasional emails that pertain to an order you have placed (e.g. a product is updated and you are invited to re-download the latest version).
When the Site processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Your account data is stored in the Site’s secure WordPress e-commerce system WooCommerce so that you can login to your account and access the downloads on the Site. User information is only visible to the Site admin to enable customer support should it be required (e.g. if you have problems signing in). The Site admin, J. Oliver Designs, is required to keep your information confidential.
No payment or credit card details are stored on the Site’s systems. All transactions take place via a gateway service (PayPal).
The Site also uses SSL encryption (Secure Socket Layer) which keeps any sensitive information like your credit card details secure. To learn more about SSL see this page.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can opt-out at any time.
You have the right at any time to stop the Site from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to partner companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com with the email header “Opt-out”. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from any J. Oliver Designs emails by clicking the link at the bottom of the email that reads ‘unsubscribe me from this list’.
The Site would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user of this Site (as defined by them being an Account holder or email subscriber) is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request from the Site for copies of your personal data. We might charge you for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Site correct any information you believe is inaccurate (e.g. update your name in our email list). You are required to keep your personal information up-to-date in your Account area, which you can do by logging in.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Site erases your personal data. Under certain circumstances the Site retains the right to keep your data, for example in the case of suspected fraudulent behaviour, outstanding payments, the resolution of legal disputes, or to assist authorities in any investigation.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Site restrict the processing of your personal data. You will be required to provide a valid and reasonable reason for this request.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. This enables us to better tailor the content we show you to give you the optimal site experience.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you logged in to your account.
- Understanding how you use the Site and saving user preferences for your next visit.
- Compile data that helps us to improve the Site overall.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, the Site uses:
- Functionality – the Site uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – the Site uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. The Site sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser to warn you before accepting a cookie, or not to accept cookies at all. You can do this via your browser’s settings. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
The third-party websites the Site might share your data with are:
- MailChimp – for sending out email newsletters.
- Google Ads – for targeted advertising.
Data collected on this website helps us to tailor ads and target the correct audience.
- Use the contact form on the Contact page.
- Email us at: email@example.com.